Sunday 4 February 2018

A Little Bit of What You Fancy (Does You Good)

Hey,

As we step into February, I was thinking about what myself and so many people around me have sacrificed during the month of January.

I'd put on weight last year after our wedding (which I fully expected after letting go so spectacularly!) so I'd decided that as soon as January hit, I was going to get serious about getting back into shape.

There seems to be opposing views on New Year's resolutions but I am firmly in the camp that if it takes a new year to give you a fresh start and the motivation you need to achieve your goals then good for you, girl! For me, I like to indulge a little at Christmas - drinking, eating, partying, spending, you name it - so January is the perfect clean slate.

Once January hit, I gave myself a week's grace and then it was straight into an intense diet and increased activity down at the gym. I've made some great progress so far - but approaching the last week of the month, I realised that I was unnecessarily punishing myself.

Like many of my friends around me (who've been doing Dry January, cutting things out like carbs and sugar and putting themselves on a spending ban), I was becoming miserable! I found myself not looking forward to weekends because I didn't want to make plans that would involve meals out, alcohol or even caffeine - I was happier in work, keeping myself busy without temptation.

And that's when I decided it was time to ease up. Having a treat every now and again isn't failing; sometimes it's needed to help you stay on the right track.

With that in mind, I allowed myself the first treat of the month - a wander into Altrincham with lunch out at Toast and a potter around the market, plus a few beers later on. It's not much but it did me the world of good!

January ootd - Green Faux Fur Coat and Fedora

Fedora hat - Primark
Green faux fur coat - Mango
Jumper - Tobi*
Velvet constellation bag - Ali Express
Leggings - Tobi*
Boots - Office


Blogger Prada Dupe - Velvet Star Bag
Latte at Toast, Altrincham
Interior Toast Altrincham
Brunch Toast Altrincham
Flowers at Altrincham Market
Browsing Stalls Altrincham Market
Altrincham Market Photo Stall

Even though I wasn't overly dressed up, feeling happy in my new casual pieces from newly discovered site Tobi, just slapping on a bit of makeup and getting out really lifted my spirits.

Sometimes I think I can be a bit hard on myself; I always strive to do the best that I possibly can and recently, I've been reflecting on the fact that not only is this not always possible, it's not necessary either. 

As part of the goals I've set for myself this year, I want to give my wellbeing a bit more attention. I need to remember that I don't have to go through life at 100mph, all or nothing. I can, in fact, take more time out for myself and not feel bad about doing so. 

So with my health goals in mind, I've decided that I don't have to smash them in record time - I can take things a little slower and not completely deprive myself of  everything. 

It's all compromise and I need to get better at not beating myself up over the small obstacles that make reaching life's goals that bit more enjoyable.


Did you set any New Year's resolutions? Do you feel differently about them now we've reached February?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I can relate! I've put on sooo much weight since the wedding. I'd promised myself I'd hit the gym from January but after a difficult month at work, I didn't... I'm not going to beat myself up, life is too short and I will get back into a routine.

    I absolutely love this outfit! It's definitely something I'd wear and I'm so jealous of that jacket haha. :)

    T xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Be sure to leave your blog address if you have one so I can check out your site too.

© The Quick Red Fox - Manchester Fashion, Food and Lifestyle Blogger, UK | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig