Thursday 26 October 2017

Our Yorkshire Dales Wedding | Ruth Atkinson Photography

Hey,

This post has been in my drafts for so long! My wedding was a whole three months ago and I thought it was high time that I shared some of my favourite photographs from the day, by our super talented photographer, Ruth Atkinson (and her husband/second shooter, Tom!).

I hope you enjoy looking through my little selection and apologies for the picture-heavy post - it's so hard to narrow them down when there's so many beautiful shots!



I'm so pleased with the images. As someone who doesn't like photos of themselves (great trait to have as a blogger - NOT!), I was surprised at how in love with the pictures I've become - even more so seeing them each time.

It didn't turn out to be the sunny July day I'd anticipated but given that we originally wanted to get married around my birthday in October (I'd always imagined an autumn wedding but the limitations of our ceremony venue meant we had to bring it forward), the grey day ended up looking superbly autumnal! I'd thought about my colours with autumn in mind and then couldn't bear to change what I'd dreamt up despite the change of season, so the tones we chose ended up matching the moody weather perfectly.

I particularly love how the flowers turned out. I chose quite a mix of colours - mostly because I really wanted the minky purple/dusky lavender colour of my bridesmaids' dresses but then as old hall we had as our reception venue had a lot of red in it, I mixed in lots of deep red roses. I knew that I definitely wanted a flower crown on the day and after initially being a little overwhelmed by the size of it, I didn't feel like a proper bride until I put it on then totally owned it all day!

Of course my beautiful Sarah Seven lace dress was something else I love looking back at in the photos - I wish I could wear it again!

The style of Ruth's photography was exactly what we wanted; documentary style and completely unintrusive so that we were free to enjoy our day comfortably. A wedding is so personal and for me, starting the day off at my family home and being in my hometown made it the more special and to have a photographer that you're happy to let in and feel comfortable with is just so important. As a couple, we felt that Ruth and Tom really 'got' us and we're so pleased that we chose them to capture our day.

If you're a bride to be and think you might benefit from any advice, please feel free to get in touch. Definitely as give my previous post on pre-wedding build up a read too!

Here's a list of my North West suppliers who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

Wedding Dress - Love Bridal, Altrincham | Flowers and Ceremony Venue - Taitlands, Settle | Vintage Bus Guest Transport - Red Bus Days | Photography - Ruth Atkinson | Make-up - Pretty Pinkies, Kirkby Lonsdale | Hair - Hair Design by Jess | Wedding Breakfast Catering - Party Animals, Settle | Evening Food Catering - All Fired Up Pizzas | Band - The Amy Wilson Band | Wedding Night Accomodation - Dugdales Barn, Settle

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks like a wonderful day Katie :) The photos are incredible and you look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a stunning collection! I think you chose the colours perfectly and couldn't agree more on the grey day - perfectly complemented your wedding day & colour scheme. Ruth did a fabulous job with these pictures, as you say, totally unintrusive yet so much emotion captured. Belated congratulations on you wedding!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. Be sure to leave your blog address if you have one so I can check out your site too.

© The Quick Red Fox - Manchester Fashion, Food and Lifestyle Blogger, UK | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig